Outsourcing to India

Posted by Norm on August 18, 2008 4:45 PM

After reading the "4 Hour Work Week" by Timothy Ferris, guess what? I've been sent to India to "volunteer" to lead in our fact finding/ information transfer outsourcing project. Well it has been a week since I have been back from India and I am glad to be back home.

India is definitely an eye opening experience, personally I wouldn't go their to work but in terms of outsourcing it is amazing.

Having over 800-1000 resources at your disposal at any time. Having developers of all facets of the development cycle which are highly skilled and most of all "cheap".

Personally I think outsourcing is the way to go. From a business point of view it makes sense, we can cut cost by 60-70% by what we could get locally. We can add resources when required without costing us a fortune. But most of all it can free up our local staff from doing menial tasks and into more productive tasks.

As you know I have been working (NOT) on 100 Website experiments for over 7 months and haven't even started on my second website which absolutely slack of me. I have the ideas but not enough of my time is dedicated to it.

So I am currently exploring perhaps an opportunity to outsource some of my tasks. However I am tossing between doing it myself until I have built enough websites that can sustain an outsourcing partner or should I bite the bullet?

What to do...what a dilemma? Anyone have had similar experiences, love to hear from you?

| 0 comments »

0 comments